Latest News & Events
EKI’s Len Marchese Presented at Chicago Project Summit & BusinessAnalystsWorld Symposium
Chicago, IL (November 16, 2010) — Senior project manager for EKI, Len Marchese, hosted a one-hour presentation on the role of the Business Analyst (BA) in PMO. Exploring the many ways BAs can improve PMO performance, Marchese leveraged his many years of experience in PMO to provide specific methods for improving requirements gathering, partnering with business teams and overall collaboration.
The Business Analyst (BA) is no simple sidekick in today’s Program Management Offices (PMOs). The BA is responsible for uniting stakeholders across the business and members of the development team behind one common strategy. Though BAs have the opportunity to navigate both the business and technology sides of the project, they also have the complex responsibility of developing and communicating requirements that meet the needs of a broad audience.
In this session, BAs explored PMO best practices specific to their role, including:
- How to more effectively partner with the Project Manager.
- Techniques for uniting business and IT team members behind the project.
- How to successfully elicit key documentation from business stakeholders.
- Proven tips for building accurate requirements that both business and IT teams can utilize.
- Methods for improving communication techniques and tools so that IT teams and business teams are always on the same page.
- Insights into the most effective methodologies and tools for today’s PMOs.
- Guidelines for successful change management.
This presentation reviews BA PMO performance at its best and worst and reveals concrete techniques for improving PMO performance.
- Recognize that the Business Analyst and Project Manager are integral partners who ensure project success.
- Embrace the role of a Business Analyst as the means to ensuring project stakeholders get what they want and need.
- Understand the importance of following an established Business Analyst pathway and processes.
View the presentation from the event here.